be sound, brain and mind
- July 20-22, 2016
- Pacifico Yokohama
- Atsushi Iriki (RIKEN Brain Science Institute)
- Onsite registration will probably be congested. We recommend you register online to take advantage of lower fees.
- We will not be mailing Meeting Programs prior to the meeting.
1. Registration Fees
Dec. 10, 2015 -
Apr. 20, 2016
Apr. 21, 2016 - Jun. 17
|Members||General||JPY 16,000||JPY 5,000||JPY 18,000||JPY 5,000||JPY 20,000||JPY 6,000|
|Postgraduates||JPY 1,000||JPY 2,500||JPY 2,000||JPY 2,500||JPY 3,000||JPY 3,000|
|Undergraduate Students||Presenting authors||JPY 1,000||JPY 1,000||*Complete registration before submitting an abstract.|
|Others||*On-site registration only||Free||JPY 2,000|
|Nonmembers||General||JPY 20,000||JPY 5,000||JPY 22,000||JPY 5,000||JPY 25,000||JPY 6,000|
|Postgraduates||JPY 3,000||JPY 2,500||JPY 4,000||JPY 2,500||JPY 5,000||JPY 3,000|
|Undergraduate Students||*On-site registration only||Free||JPY 2,000|
- *[Tax category of Registration Fees] Members: Tax-free, Nonmembers: Tax included
- *Undergraduate students who are presenting authors must register in advance. Both member and nonmember undergraduate students who are NOT presenting authors can only register onsite.
- Select your Registration Category for the meeting in accordance with what your status will be at the time the meeting is held (July 20-22, 2016).
- If you are presenting research findings, your registration fees may be covered by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research. Please consult your institution's administrative office for more information.
- If you are not a member, you must show your Student ID when registering. Please follow the online registration steps and upload a copy of a valid student ID with a clearly visible expiration date.
- Show your valid student ID at the registration desk if you register onsite.
- ＜Presenting Authors＞
- Undergraduate participants who will present at the meeting will be treated the same as Graduate Students. Undergraduate participants who will present must register online and pay Registration Fees.
- ＜Not presenting＞
- Neither online registration nor payment of registration fees is required. Show your valid student ID at the registration desk to receive your Meeting Badge. However, there is a fee to attend the reception, register and pay the banquet fee on site.
2. Advance Registration
Advance registration will be accepted via online registration system only. Please read the following before registering.
Early Bird Registration
Start:Thursday, December 10, 2015
Close:Wednesday, April 20, 2016 (noon, Japan Time)
*The deadline for Early Bird Registration differs from that of Abstract submission (Wednesday, February 3, 2016)
Start:Thursday, April 21, 2016
Close:Friday, June 17, 2016 (noon, Japan Time)
Online Registration & Payment
Follow the flow chart below for online registration and payment.
- Payment may be made by credit card only.
- Registration ID and password should be retained. They will be necessary to confirm or modify your registration. For members, your membership number will be your Registration ID.
- Recommended browsers
Internet Explorer 7 or later
Google Chrome latest stable version
Mozilla Firefox latest stable version
Safari latest stable version
- When you choose “yes” to the reception participation at online registration, your payment will be automatically totaled.
- For domestic resident: A meeting badge (name card), an exchange ticket for a meeting program, and a registration fee receipt will be mailed to you at the middle of July after you complete your payment.
For residents outside Japan: Please print out the email we will have sent and bring it to the on-site registration desk. A meeting badge (name card), an exchange ticket for a meeting program, and a registration fee receipt will be given in exchange for it.
- Please make payment in the name of the actual participant. In the event that a representative is to make payment for multiple persons, please contact the JNS Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancelation or Change of Registration
- Registration fees as well as Reception fees will not be refunded for any reason. Please be careful to avoid duplicate registrations and payments.
- If you would like to change your registered information such as affiliations or address after the advance registration period, please contact the Secretariat (email@example.com).
Secretariat: Japan Neuroscience Society
Tel: +81(0)3-3813-0307 / Fax: +81(0)3-3813-0296
3. Online Registration Screen
Click here to register.
4. Onsite Registration
You can register onsite as well. Fill out the "Registration Form" and submit it to the registration desk. The form will be available near the registration desk onsite and also can be downloaded by clicking one of the buttons below.
Onsite registration fees are payable by cash only.
There may be a long line for onsite registration. We urge you to register online to avoid congestion. You can also take advantage of lower fees through advance registration.
Download Onsite Registration Form
5. How to Receive a Meeting Badge/Receipt/Meeting Program
If you registered online
You will receive the following at the beginning of July after you complete payment of registration fees.
- Meeting badge (name card)
- Receipt for payment
- Exchange ticket for Meeting Program
- *For participants residing outside of Japan, please pick them up at the registration desk on the meeting site.
If you register onsite
You will receive a meeting badge(name card), a receipt for payment and an exchange ticket for meeting program. Please bring the ticket to the counter to receive the meeting program.
There will be a reception to provide an opportunity for prominent and eminent researchers and promising junior researchers to gather and interact freely over drinks.
For the better arrangement of this event, please register in advance if possible.
Date & Time: Thursday, July 21 (2nd day of the meeting) 19:00–21:00 (tentative)
Venue: InterContinental Yokohama Grand
* Underage (under 20) is not allowed to participate in the reception. We will not take responsibility for any accident that may occur during the event. For this reason, we respectfully request that you refrain from bringing children to the event. The 39th annual meeting of the JNS provides a makeshift playroom during the three-day meeting. Please book in advance.
7. Applying for Membership
- JNS members enjoy discounted advance and on-site registration rates.
Do not miss this opportunity to become a member.
- The first/presenting author must be a JNS member. Please apply for membership in advance.
- Visit the following URL for more information on JNS membership.
It may take up to a week to issue your membership number. Please apply for membership in advance. If your membership process is not complete by the deadline for advance registration, please proceed via the “New Member” section. Make sure that your membership process is complete before the meeting.
- Questions about JNS membership
- Secretariat: Japan Neuroscience Society
Tel.: +81(0)3-3813-0272 / Fax: +81(0)3-3813-0296
8. Questions about Registration
Please contact the JNS Secretariat regarding questions about registration.
Secretariat: Japan Neuroscience Society