be sound, brain and mind
- July 20-22, 2016
- Pacifico Yokohama
- Atsushi Iriki (RIKEN Brain Science Institute)
Call for Papers
Thank you very much for your abstract submission.
We have closed all the application for submission and correction.
Acceptance notice will be sent to you by email in the beginning of April.
The call for papers is now open, and we invite submissions of papers for regular presentations (oral and poster presentations). Submissions must be completed by online submission system. Please note that symposium speakers are also required to submit their abstracts via online submission system.
Please read through the submission guidelines below and proceed to the submission page.
*Complete registration before submitting an abstract.
1. Submission Period
|OPEN||Thursday, December 10, 2015|
Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 24:00 midnight (JST) *Closed
*Abstract submission will close earlier than registration.
*Symposium organizers are expected to inform symposium speakers that they are required to submit their abstracts via online submission system.
- The presenting author (first author) must submit the abstract; co-authors cannot submit or present.
- One person cannot submit multiple papers as a first author, including symposia. However, this excludes plenary lectures, special lectures, special program, educational lectures, award lectures, and luncheon seminars.
- The first and presenting author must be a member of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS).
Non-members who wish to submit abstracts should join JNS first. For details, click here.
- It may take up to one week to issue your membership number. It is advised to initiate your membership well before the deadline. Please bear in mind that your abstract may be withdrawn if you, as a presenting author, have not completed the membership process by the time the program is finalized.
- Please also bear in mind that your abstract may be withdrawn if you, as a presenting author, have not completed payment of the annual membership fee.
- Invited speakers of symposia are not requested to join JNS. However, in order to encourage the participation of researchers in related fields, we are welcome for their new application for the membership in this occasion.
- If your membership is on pause, please activate your membership prior to your Abstract submission.
- <Contact for JNS membership registration/payment>
- Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS)
Tel: +81(0)3-3813-0272 / Fax: +81(0)3-3813-0296
3. Presentation Format & Language
You can indicate your preference for either oral or poster presentation when you submit an abstract for regular presentations. The final decision, however, will be up to the Program Committee. You will be informed of the acceptance of your presentation, together with the format (oral or poster) and schedule.
Please kindly understand that we cannot meet all requests.
Program Abstracts Presentation Q&A’s Plenary Lectures
English English English Educational Lectures Japanese Japanese Japanese Symposia
English English English
(Japanese is permitted)
Poster Presentation English English/Japanese
Poster must be created in English.
1）Symposia (designated presenters only)
Please consult the session chair beforehand concerning your presentation time.
Choose appropriate research themes from the list of categories.
List of Categories (PDF)
- 【Oral Presentations】
- Presentations should be in English. Discussions in Japanese is allowed.
- Each oral presentation (including discussion) is 15 minutes. However, presentation time may be changed depending on number of applicants.
- Presenters are requested to bring their own computers. Each presentation room is equipped with a projector only.
- 【Poster Presentations】
- Please create your poster in English.
- Information such as poster size will be announced on the website as soon as it is finalized.
- <Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations>
We invite the submission of papers that deeply collaborate with industry or are associated with application to industry as “Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations.”
- To apply for Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations, check the “Industry-Academia Collaboration/Associated with Application to Industry” box on the abstract submission page. At that time, please confirm that you meet the criteria shown on the page. Please kindly note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, depending on the number of applicants.
- Please prepare your poster in English. Additionally, please prepare your resume in Japanese on one page of A4 size paper in order to explain more clearly to participants from industry, and distribute it to interested parties during the poster session.
4. Submission Procedure
1）Prior to Submission
Registration is necessary before abstract submission. To register, please click “Registration & Abstract Submission” or visit the “Registration” page.
2）Log in to the Online Submission System
After you complete the registration, the “Abstract Submission” button will appear. Click it to proceed to abstract submission.
- If you close the registration page after completing registration without submitting your abstract, go to the URL that will be emailed to you upon completion of registration or click the “Confirm or Modify Your Registration” button on the “Registration” page and then log in and click “Abstract Submission” to submit an abstract.
3）Process from Abstract Entry to Completion
- Follow the directions on the abstract submission screen, and fill in the required fields.
- Once you complete abstract submission, you will receive an automatically-generated confirmation email. If you do not receive this email within 60 minutes, your abstract submission may not have been completed successfully. In that case, please check and submit your abstract again if necessary.
- Platform dependent characters may not display correctly in the confirmation email depending on your PC environment. This is not a problem as long as they display correctly on the abstract submission screen.
- The confirmation email will inform you of your abstract number and password that you need to review or modify your abstract, or to contact the Secretariat.
Please print out or save the page for later reference.
5. Data Entry
- Enter the following items:
• Preferred presentation format
• Names of authors (no more than 20 authors including presenting author)
• Affiliated institutions (no more than 20 institutions)
• First author’s contact info
• Email address (for registration confirmation and result notification)
• Presentation category number
• Presentation title
• Abstract body
• Research funding name
- Enter the author name(s) and affiliation(s) and presentation title in both English and Japanese.
- Align the abstract body to the left without any spaces. Do not include abstract title, names of authors and institutions in the abstract body.
2）Length of Abstract
The length of an abstract body should be 2,500 characters or less including spaces. After all required fields are filled, click “Next” to confirm the number of characters you have entered. Please note that an abstract with more than 2,500 characters cannot be registered.
- Enter English using the Latin alphabet. Characters with accents or other markings, such as ä, á, and à cannot be used.
- The followings are part of examples of special characters. You can find more on the abstract submission screen.
- ① Symbols / Greek Characters
- (ex) p<0.05 will be displayed as p<0.05.
You Type < > & " ± ≠ Display < > & " ± ≠
- Greek Letters
- (ex) βblocker will be displayed as βblocker.
You Type α β γ δ ε ζ η θ Display α β γ δ ε ζ η θ You Type ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ Display ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ You Type σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω Display σ τ υ φ χ ψ ω
- ② Font Change/Decoration
To change fonts or decorate, you can copy and paste the tags below or on the registration page if necessary to make your abstract more accurate.
*Place the tags before and after the words you want to change fonts on or decorate.
Superscripts Subscripts Italics Tags <SUP></SUP> <SUB></SUB> <I></I> Examples Na<SUP>+</SUP>
Bold Underline Line Breaks Tags <B></B> <U></U> <BR> Examples <B>AAA</B>
New line starts after <BR>
- ③ Important
If you want to use “<” or “>” (greater-than/less-than signs) in your abstract, enter the code “<” for “<” or “>” for “>”, in order to avoid confusion with special character codes “<>” (angle brackets) explained above.
6. View/Modify Abstract
You can view or modify your abstract during the abstract submission period. Click the “View/Modify/Delete Abstract” button at the bottom of this page, then log in with your abstract number and password.
Neither modifications nor additions can be made to your submitted abstract once the abstract submission period has been closed. Please ensure that your submission is accurate and that no authors, affiliations and other information have been accidentally omitted, since your submission will be published as it is.
The abstract submission system and the registration system are two different systems. Modifications you make in one will not be reflected in the other. You must update the content of both pages separately when making modifications.
7. Notification of Acceptance
Once the program is finalized, applicants will receive notifications of acceptance/non-acceptance in the middle of April. The notifications of acceptance will include information such as presentation schedule, format, and location. The decision on abstract acceptance is entirely up to the Program Committee. Please note that the abstracts of symposia speakers may also be checked by the Program Committee.
8. Important Notes
- Retain your abstract number and password. For security reasons, the Secretariat is not able to respond to inquiries concerning abstract numbers and passwords.
- Neither modification nor addition will be accepted for any reason once abstract submission has closed. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- In principle, there will be no proofreading or editing done by the Program Committee. Please ensure that your abstract is ready for publication when you submit it.
- First authors are required to obtain co-authors’ consents prior to submission.
- Please note that around at the end of June, 2016 prior to the annual meeting, the accepted abstracts will be on the list of the JNS Meeting Planner 2016 which is accessible to anyone. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information and data included in abstracts presented at the JNS annual meeting are embargoed until the conclusion of the presentation or JNS press conference. Coverage of an abstract, poster, lay summary, data, or supplemental material, is strictly prohibited until the embargo is lifted.
- <Recommended browser>
- Windows: Internet Explorer 7 and later
Mac OS: Safari 4.0
9. Logging in to the Online Submission System
Japan Neuroscience Society
9F Hongo Buildng 7-2-2 Hongo Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Tel: +81(0)3-3813-0307 (weekdays 10:00–17:00) / Fax: +81(0)3-3813-0296